4/11/09

Bells and Whistles? Who needs them?

Frequently, I take online surveys for teeny little rewards. They aren't anything special and they are really not anything I have to buy. Mainly magazine subscriptions and a percentage off of the flowers I send to my husband's secretary for making his everyday life a little bit easier. Often, when filling out these pains in my caboose, I have questions that pertain to my willingness or lack thereof to buy new shiny gadgets. The question is often phrased, "I am the first of my friends to have the newest technology" or "I like to be the first of my friends to have the newest technology." I usually put myself around the middle ground of that feeling. It's not about having new, shiny things. It's the feeling of having something in my possession that makes my life easier. When I saw this, I had to wonder if this is where our lives are heading. I still don't know how I feel about it. I like my keyboard and I dislike smudges. This is probably a no for me, but a neat idea for those that have a less is more mentality. What do you think?

0 comments:

Post a Comment