3/17/09

McDonalds' feeble attempt at making me fat


Since I jumped on the semi-health mobile back in November, I've avoided McDonalds like the plague. Well, for the most part. The Reduced fat ice cream cone is a delightful use of 150 calories and if I send my husband to get it, I can avoid the big, glaring pictures of tempting McNuggets. They are really all that tempt me from that particular fast food place, anymore.

Today, however, between physical therapy and teaching my undergrads, I was in a hurry. Normally, I get my grilled chicken sandwich from Wendys but I made the assumption that McDonalds would be faster. I pulled in the line and waited. And waited. And waited some more.

While I sat there, I pondered how much of my obesity was due to McDonalds. No, no, no, McDonalds did not put the food into me. I'm not a foolish person and I don't blame McDonalds for making me fat. Yet, with that thought in my mind, they aren't doing much to help me stay healthy, either. They aren't as "side" friendly as Wendys or Chick-Fil-A. I continued to think about this and chided myself for laying the blame at the feet of a conglomerate instead of myself. As I was doing so, I inched a car length forward and saw a HUGE red and white sign that said "FREE PIE WITH ANY LARGE SIZED MEAL."

Excuse me, please stop the boat. Wait, what? If I UP SIZE my meal, which is in larger portion already, you will GIVE ME A FREE PIE? So, you will reward me for eating more with more food? Specifically, a dessert food that most people find hard to resist?

Screw you, McDonalds. Screw you. You deserve some of the blame for this!

I got my grilled chicken sandwich and left. Next time, I'm going to Wendys.

0 comments:

Post a Comment