3/21/09

Random Happy Thoughts from this Week

Sunday March 15, 2009


Like most nights, I was reading to go to sleep last night. The book was huge and I had propped it up on something to hold it as I prefer to wait until I'm older to deal with unnecessary carpal tunnel or tendon strain, etc. I was turning a page and realized that Pea had stuck her head to the left of the book and was looking at me pleadingly for cuddles. Sometimes, I forget that even the wee ones need a little affection because they had a bad day. After an hour of cuddling, Pea was under the covers snoring like an 85 year old man and I was back to reading my book.

Monday March 16, 2009


"Mama, I love you more than the Milky Way. More than the stars. More than the GALAXY!"

Tuesday March 17, 2009

AJ was asking me about some candy I'd bought for my undergrads at the beginning of the semester. As candy is off limits on every day but Saturday, I wondered what he was doing. It turns out, he was wanting to show his teacher his appreciation. He wrote her a lovely note and attached some candy to it. He has a heart of gold.

Thursday March 19, 2009

School hasn't come easy to my little man, even though he's WAY too smart for his own good. This year, he finally found a teacher who gets him. When this happened, he took off like a shot. After picking him up from school, I wanted to see his report card and he wanted me to wait until we got home. We had a minor spat in the car over this and some other things and when we got home I wasn't in the mood to talk. AJ is a sensitive little guy and he went to the backyard and sat on our swing. I watched him and saw his reflective face. After a little while, he came inside, with a handful of dandelions and said "I love you." He put them in a small glass up on the mantle. Right next to the flowers that his daddy gave me for our anniversary.

Saturday, March 21, 2009

AJ just passed his swimming test after 5 weeks of swimming lessons! On his first try!

0 comments:

Post a Comment